Wednesday, August 02, 2006

So You Think You Can Not Get Kicked in the Crotch

A friend (to protect his anonanymity) and I were having a discussion about the fox dancing reality show "So You Think You Can Dance" (and yes I am deeply ashamed). We had a little difference of opinion when it comes to the LDS contestant (after some research I discovered that three of the final eight were actuall LDS, crap). My friend is of the opinion that he always wants mormons to do well because of the brotherhood that we should have for each other and he really wants Benji to win. I feel like just because someone is mormon doesn't necessarily make me want them to take over their respective world, in fact I would rather not have all of America associate me with this particular show or with performance dancing. Personal bias admitted, I think that dancing for competition is really lame, even a step below figure skating. At best I don't care how he does. How about you?

I did have an idea that would make the show (and all TV for that matter) a lot better though, a designated crotch kicker/face puncher. Anytime I see someone do or say something that I think is stupid, someone runs onto stage and POW! Of course you would have to change up when and where the kicker showed up to keep up the element of surprise, but with all of the reality TV out there he or she could rotate shows at random to keep up the mystery.

7 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 05:03:00 PM,

Chris... you're Mormon?! That girl Julie that was on the Real World was Mormon too!!! Do you know her? Huh? (Oh, and out of curiosity, do you call African Americans "colored" too? What about Carmen Rausmussen from American Idol? She's Mormon too I think!!! You HAVE to know her, right?! And Neleh Dennis on Survivor!!! I SOOOOOO wanted her to win.  

Posted by Marc

 
At 8/03/2006 05:32:00 PM,

marc, I sense your sarcastic tone, Steve Young and Shawn Bradley will hear about this at our next meeting

 
At 8/03/2006 06:34:00 PM,

lol - comedy at its finest.
Hey, speaking of comedy, wasn't Steve Martin supposed to be Mormon too?

 
At 8/07/2006 05:34:00 PM,

So You Think You Can Dance is not nearly as pathetic as "Dancing With the Stars" on ABC. It was pretty easy to tell that Benji was Mormon even before he revealed it. This was probably due to the fact that he acts like an incredible dork about 98% of the time. But he dances well, so I have no complaints about his placement in the show thus far. However, I would prefer Travis to win for the guys.

I only root for Mormon people if I feel they have talent deserving of my respect. Carmen Rasmussen--although cute--was not a very talented singer. But Steve Young was an amazing quarterback. Mitt Romney is a good governor, and Harry Reid is a good senator. But then again, I'm rooting for Heidi solely because I think she's hot. Oh well. 

Posted by Brian B.

 
At 8/07/2006 10:30:00 PM,

So are you implying that just being hot shouldn't make Heidi deserving enough to root for?

 
At 8/08/2006 02:47:00 PM,

So it's to Mormonism that I can attribute my dorkiness, huh?

Personally, I don't think Heidi is that hot, but then again I have no idea what she looks like on TV.

I tend to think that reality show champions aren't always the best at their competition. Which bodes well for Heidi if everybody out there thinks she's as hot as Brian B does. Good looks and/or a TV-savvy persona always make a HUGE difference.

In terms of political personalities, I'm beginning to lose respect for Bob Bennett. He has officially become Mitch McConnell's whipping boy (and that's not a good thing). Of course, when McConnell takes over for Frist next year, Bennett will reap the rewards. (you heard it here first)

 
At 8/09/2006 12:38:00 AM,

I'll indulge your threadjack Doug... I say you're just peeved that McConnell got Bennett to stick with his opposition to a flag-burning amendment ;)

 

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home