Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Herb and his friends


This is our new Betta fish Herb. We got him for my wife's birthday last week. An interesting thing I learned about Betta fish as I prepared to buy him is that they don't like other Betta fish. In fact if you hold a mirror up to them they try to fight the reflection. I thought this might be an interesting thing to try once or twice when we got the fish, however I have since realized that fish tanks are made out of glass. Glass reflects images. So poor herb spends all of his time either trying to fight the sides of his aquarium or cowering in the roman columns that decorate his cage in order to avoid the "other fish". I still think it is a better life than at the pet store in a three inch jar.

4 Comments:

At 8/10/2006 02:28:00 PM,

Is it really though Chris?

 
At 8/10/2006 03:13:00 PM,

Well, half of the other fish at the store were doing the backstroke in their jars, so maybe

 
At 8/10/2006 04:57:00 PM,

Let's see what Herb is made of - I'll get a beta, and your fish and my fish can "tango".

 
At 8/11/2006 08:46:00 AM,

I totally thought of that, the fish only cost like three bucks, so when we first got him I tried to talk my wife into buying three so the first two could fight and then we could still have one to keep. She wouldn't let me so I have to think of something else. Anyeon know where I can get some roosters?

 

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home