Saturday, December 31, 2005

Our New Aesthetic

Ok folks, I thought our "scroll" format was seeming a little dated so I secretly usurped my executive powers and changed existing law to suit my own whims and fancies. I, however, didn't want to try to hide it from the public, so I'm confessing directly. (ok, so the parallel isn't quite exact...what do you want??)

Here's the deal with this. I want to change some things to make this here blog a little more snappy. A few things I'd like to add are a "most recent comments" section on the side bar and a fluid set of T&S-like links to flashy news articles and websites (also on the side bar). The hitch is that, while fairly tech-savy, I have the attention span of a hamster so I can't sit down and mess with all that code crap to figure this out all by myslef. I thought maybe some of you either know how and we can get together and mess with it, or you have a longer attention span than me and lots of free time to figure it out.

4 Comments:

At 12/31/2005 11:24:00 PM,

One more:
I also want to figure out how to show just the first few lines of a post and a Read More button that you can click on to, of course, read more.

This, I hope, would ease sheldon's conscious about making book length posts that shove our comments out of sight and mind for eternity.

 
At 1/01/2006 12:12:00 AM,

conscience...not conscious. oops.

sheldon, i promise i don't want to ease you conscious. don't worry.

 
At 1/01/2006 07:27:00 PM,

For a list of recent comments, check out this site for code that does this for Blogger-driven sites.

 
At 1/02/2006 10:12:00 AM,

Thanks, that helped a lot. 

Posted by Chris

 

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home