Tuesday, November 29, 2005

hello blogland

I would first like to thank Chris for letting me join the blog. I just recently found out what a blog is and am glad to be a part of the in-crowd. So I just heard from my little brother that he is the stage manager for tonight's Quiet Riot and Skid Row concert at the University of Utah. Sweet. It reminded me how much I hate Smithstix/ticketmaster. Aside from the obviously vexatious "Service fee" that they charge for everything they sell, which is crap, I have a personal experience that furthers my hatred. In the summer of 2002 I bought tickets to see Skid Row, Tesla, and Vince Neal. I was mostly looking forward to seeing Skid Row because i have seen Vince and the Crue various times and wasn't that in to Tesla at the time (which since has changed). The ticket clearly said 7:00 pm was when the show started, so we got there at 6:30 just to make sure. We entered the David O McKay center (yes, Skid Row played a place named after a prophet) to hear the lines "WE ARE THE YOUTH GONE WILD. thank you, we will be at the merch booth to sing autographs in twenty minutes." It's true, I missed Skid Row because of Smithstix's incompetence and I will never forgive them.
Moral of the story, buy from the box office and put the middle man out of business. I will try to think of some better material to write on, I was just really excited to post something and now I have, so I can put a little more thought into future posts.
"Charm was a scheme for making strangers like and trust a person immediatley, no matter what the charmer had in mind." -Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions

2 Comments:

At 11/30/2005 09:59:00 AM,

I saw Ozzie in concert at the David O. McKay Event Center as well as Stone Temple Pilots.

You gotta love UVSC - best of both worlds.

 
At 12/06/2005 02:56:00 PM,

Skid Row is still around?

How am I supposed to keep track of who died of overdoses in the 80's and who is still on tour 20 years after their prime?

 

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home