Thursday, October 13, 2005

How's this for serious intellectual debate?

Here's a fairly amusing story my wife sent to Reader's Digest in hopes of a $300 bounty. Alas it was rejected (most likely for it's racy language):

One Sunday each month, members of our church have the opportunity to take time during the meeting to share faith building experiences. Recently, at one of these meetings, a woman approached the pulpit to thank the church members for their support following her husband’s recent accident. She explained that his scrotum had been badly bruised, making many activities difficult. “He can’t hold the kids on his lap. He can’t lift things. He can’t even cuddle!” She explained sadly.
When she had finished, her husband got up.
“I have one word for my wife,” he said, gripping the pulpit. “Sternum.”

4 Comments:

At 10/13/2005 07:33:00 PM,

Ha! I'm surprised you were rejected on that one Chris. I guess scrotums are not welcome in the Readers Digest.

 
At 10/13/2005 08:40:00 PM,

Did this really happen? Because I'm pretty sure I've heard that joke before.

 
At 10/17/2005 02:50:00 PM,

I don't know if I can support Janelle in her attempts to make a killing off time-tested Mormon mythology . . . I wish I had thought of it, though, and that it had paid off for me.

That is a classic, nevertheless.

 
At 11/01/2005 09:58:00 AM,

fabulous story! not to mention a much needed intellectual reprieve from my current circuitous meanderings in the ethics of Aquinas. It reminds me of the woman who bawled at the pulpit on fast sunday and apologized to the bishop for being, in her words, "such a big boob." when closing the meeting, the bishop told the woman not to worry, announcing to the congregation that "the bishop likes big boobs"

 

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home