Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite is the funniest film I have seen in a long time.  I wouldn't just recommend it because it's made by an LDS filmmaker.  I, for one, am tired of movies that can only survive off of inside jokes taken from LDS culture.  I think they isolate us from the rest of the world.  The closest LDS reference this film makes is the appearance of a Ricks College t-shirt.  This filmmaker's restraint to not capitalize on his membership in the church is enough cause to see this one.  But mostly, I'd recommend it because it's hilarious.  Be prepared to laugh at the bizarreness of others (A little Schadenfreude is okay every now and then).

1 Comments:

At 8/03/2004 03:54:00 PM,

Didn't get around to Rushmore. I'll put it on my list. Maybe there's a "Cleanflicks" version (despite my objections to the idea behind that business).

 

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home